Last Updated: March 1, 2015.
Your Personal Information may be processed and stored in other countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Your Personal Information will not, however, be used or disclosed for purposes for which you have not given consent or which are not permitted under applicable law.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use dealsnapt™ and we do not intentionally collect or maintain Personal Information from those who are under 13 years old. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to dealsnapt™. Thus, if dealsnapt obtains actual knowledge that a user is under 13, it will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information permanently from our databases. dealsnapt™ recommends that children between the ages of 13 and 18 obtain their parent’s permission before submitting information over the internet. By using dealsnapt, you are representing that you are at least 18 years old, or that you are at least 13 years old and have a parent’s or guardian’s permission to use dealsnapt.
We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of dealsnapt.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of offers you might like. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with dealsnapt, such as the offers you view, are near you; other information about how you use our Site, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with dealsnapt merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for merchant subscriptions, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
- Mobile Location Information to help us offer you real-time ‘Nearby Deals’, if you have activated one of our mobile applications and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data.
This information is provided to us in several ways,
- Personal Information That You Provide In general, we collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through dealsnapt. We also collect information that you submit in the process of creating or editing your account and user profile on dealsnapt. For example, our registration and login process requires you to provide us with a valid email address and password of your choice. When you personalize your profile and use the features of dealsnapt, we will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of dealsnapt, such as your year of birth, gender and other demographic information. We collect information in the form of the content that you submit during your use of dealsnapt, such as photos, reviews, ratings and other information you choose to submit. We may also collect information about you and your friends who use dealsnapt, from any social network you may have connected from, in order to provide you with a more personalized experience. For instance, we may collect your user ID or profile information that you have permitted to be displayed through dealsnapt in order to display you as a friend or in association with your profile and collections. When you sign up for, or win, any contests, sweepstakes, or other activities that we make available on dealsnapt, we will collect the information designated along with such activity, which may include your contact information such as your address and phone number. If you choose to sign up to receive information about products or services that may be of interest to you, we will collect your email address and other related information. Additionally, we collect any information that you voluntarily enter, including Personal Information, into any postings, comments, or forums within the dealsnapt community.
- Personal Information From Other Sources We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources with which you have registered, companies who we have partnered with (collectively, “Partners”) or other third parties. We may associate this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you.
- E-Mail And E-Mail Addresses If you send an e-mail to us, or fill out our “Feedback” form through dealsnapt, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files, and other information you provide. We may use and display your full name and email address when you send an email notification to a friend through dealsnapt or the social network from which you have connected to dealsnapt (such as in an invitation, or when sharing your content). Additionally, we use your email address to contact you on behalf of your friends (such as when someone sends you a personal message) or notifications from a social network or other website with whom you have registered to receive such notifications. We may use this e-mail address to contact you, for things such as notifications of limited edition shop sales and other related information. You may indicate your preference to stop receiving further promotional communications as further detailed below.
In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used by us to provide you access to dealsnapt, to improve dealsnapt, to better tailor the features, performance, and support of dealsnapt and to offer you additional information, opportunities, promotions and functionality from us, our partners or our advertisers at your request. Additionally, we do share your content preferences and other information with the social network with which you have connected to dealsnapt, along with those companies and persons you have asked us to share your information with.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (b) to protect and defend our rights or property, you, or third parties. You hereby consent to us sharing your Personal Information under the circumstances described herein.
- The Ability Of Others To View Your Information Helping you to protect your information is a vital part of our mission. It is up to you to make sure you are comfortable with the information you choose to provide to us, and the information you choose to publish. You understand that when you use dealsnapt, certain information you post or provide through dealsnapt, such as your name, profile, comments, collections and reviews, may be shared with other users and posted on publicly available portions of dealsnapt, including without limitation, social media applications and other public fora in which you choose to participate. Please keep in mind that if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting comments or other information or content through dealsnapt, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside the dealsnapt community. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of dealsnapt available to others, and recommend that you use caution when giving out personal information to others through social media networks or otherwise.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your Personal Information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by dealsnapt pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing us at the following address:
920 Reserved Drive
Roseville, CA 95678